Join Us – Be a bridge to a brighter future!
Homeless Support Worker We are looking for individuals who can inspire people to make positive changes and realise their full potential.
Green Bridge Community Housing (GBCH) is a supported accommodation provider operating in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and the West Midlands. We empower vulnerable adults to (re)integrate into mainstream society through the provision of safe and secure accommodation and tailored support.
- Providing practical support, assistance, and advice to vulnerable service users to promote health and wellbeing, and achieve personalised goals
- Undertaking support plan reviews and risks assessments
- Supporting service users to develop independent living skills
- Accompanying service users to appointments and meetings
- Undertaking all administration related to support provision
- Maintaining comprehensive records and documentation of support provision
- Liaising with other teams regarding emergencies and complaints
Please note: This is not a care worker role and does not involve intimate/personal care.
- You must be able to drive and have your own car.
- Knowledge and understanding of the support needs and challenges facing vulnerable adults
- Experience of supporting individuals with a range of health and wellbeing needs inc. mental health, domestic abuse, homelessness, and substance misuse.
- Ability to build rapport and demonstrate high levels of empathy whilst maintaining professional boundaries
- Ability to effectively address challenging behaviour and lack of engagement
- Awareness of support services available to vulnerable adults
- Understanding of safeguarding requirements and duty of care when working with vulnerable individuals
- Effective organisation, time-management, and administrative skills – able to support and prioritise a large caseload
- Effective communication skills – able to work collaboratively across the organisation and with external agencies
- Additional languages such Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish Sorani, Somali, Triginya is a bonus